- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, finely diced
- 1 cup South Australian white wine
- 1 cup Arborio rice<
- 1 cup South Australian champagne or sparkling wine
- Water or Maggie Beer vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon La Casa Del Formaggio grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 punnet Tony Tomato heirloom tomatoes, washed and cut in quarters
- Salt and pepper
- Patlin Gardens extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic pearls (available from specialty grocers)
- Sunshine Sprouts baby basil
Heat oil in a heavy based pan. Sauté the shallots until translucent, then deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to reduce. Add the rice, stirring well to coat grains with the wine and oil mixture.
Add water/stock to cover and simmer until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid. Add Champagne and cook for further three minutes. (The rice should be al dente.) Add butter and parmesan and season to taste.
Season Tony’s heirloom tomatoes with salt and pepper and olive oil.
Pour risotto into serving dish, top with Tony’s tomato salad, sprinkle with balsamic pearls and baby basil.