This recipe by Barossa Valley Cheese Co partners their light and milky halloumi with chicken and the sweet summer flavours of peach and basil. Pop these on a skewer and head right outside to the barbie.
- 150g Barossa Halloumi, cut into 24 equal sized pieces
- 2 peaches, quartered and destoned, cut into 24 equal sized pieces
- 400g skinless boneless chicken thights, cut into 24 equal sized pieces
- Spray olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Thistle Be Good Dukkah
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (we recommend Talinga Grove and Rio Vista)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
Mix together the marinade ingredients in a small non-metallic bowl. Add the chicken pieces and mix until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (If you are using bamboo skewers, soak them in water while you are marinating the chicken.)
To prepare the skewers, thread a piece of peach, then halloumi, then chicken onto the skewer and repeat until each skewer contains three pieces of each.
Heat the barbecue on high for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-high. Spray the prepared skewers with olive oil on all sides. Place on grill, cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve sprinkled with dukkah and basil.