- 2 cups of self-raising flour (Eat Local SA suggests Four Leaf Milling from the Clare Valley or Laucke from Strathalbyn)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup Fleurieu Milk Company milk
- ¼ cup Madu local honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Gumview free range eggs
- 400g stewed quandong
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup flaked almonds (Eat Local SA suggest Almondco, fresh from Renmark)
- 60g melted butter
Fleurieu Milk Company cream, to serve.
1.Preheat oven to moderately slow (160C) and grease a shallow 12 muffin cake tin.
2. Sift the flour, ginger, and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
3.Whisk milk, honey, oil and eggs in a medium bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir till smooth, being careful not to over-mix.
4. Place a large spoonful of the mixture into each prepared muffin tin. Top with a spoonful of stewed quandong.
5. To make the topping: combine flour, sugar, almonds and melted butter in a medium bowl. Stir till the mixture resembles large bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the layer of quandong on top of each muffin
6. Cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
Serve with whipped Fleurieu Milk Company cream.