The perfect Spring granola shared with us by The Banksia Tree Café. Made with Kangaroo Island Oats and served with Fleurieu Milk Company yogurt, dried fruit from Gaganis Bros. and locally sourced honey. Our pick for honey is Pure Origins.
- 1 450g packet of Kangaroo Island Rolled Oats
- 150ml buttermilk
- 30ml coconut oil
- 30ml Pure Origins honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon myrtle
- 1 tsp cooking salt
- 1/4 cup crushed, roasted macadamias
- 30ml pomegranate mollasses
- 1/4 cup dried pineapple
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp black chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sultans
- 1 tablespoon of dried wattle seed
- Fleurieu Milk Company Natural Yogurt
- Gaganis Bros. dried fruit
- Pure Origins honey
- Firstly in a large bowl, combine all the rolled oats, cinnamon, lemon myrtle and salt
- Melt the coconut oil and combine with buttermilk and honey
- Combine the buttermilk mixture and oat mixture and leave to soak for up to 12 hours
- Set oven (fan forced) at 150°C or 160°C
- Line an oven tray 36 x 26 x 2 with baking paper. Lay mixture onto tray as evenly as possible. Bake for about 20 minutes, remove from oven and break up mixture. Repeat this 2 – 3 times until mixture is lightly browning, about an hour. Cool.
- While oats are cooling, combine the leftover ingredients, except for the molasses, in a bowl and then add in the oats, breaking up the mixture as you go. Add in the molasses at the last minute and continue to stir as it cools.
- Serve with natural yogurt and dried fruit. Then drizzle with honey to flavour.
- Store in a dry, cool place for up to 3 months.