- 300g K-Roo kangaroo fillet
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (so many great South Australian ones to choose from!)
- 200g haloumi (try La Casa Del Formaggio or Barossa Valley Cheese Company)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (think Back 2 Basics Traditions or Maggie Beer)
- 4 cups rocket or mixed herb leaves
Begin by slicing your kangaroo into strips. Heat a non-stick heavy pan and flash cook your kangaroo for a maximum of 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, place your red wine vinegar and olive oil. Smash 3 or 4 strawberries with a fork and add these to the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Slice the remaining strawberries and add these to the dressing. Add the herb mix and toss until all leaves are coated.
Transfer the salad to your serving bowl and top with the hazelnuts.
In a fry pan, cook slices of haloumi until golden brown. Assemble kangaroo and haloumi on top of salad and serve.