- 200g Island Pure haloumi
- 40g Kangaroo Island Source beetroot relish
- 1 Kangaroo Island Fryars Free Range Egg
- 20ml Kangaroo Island Olive Oil Co. wild olive oil
- 50g Lifestyle Bakery bread crumbs
- 1 eggplant
- 1 ½ tbs tahini
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 4 small zucchini
- 1 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Pierce several holes in the eggplant and cook in a 200°C oven for 30 minutes. Once soft and charred remove from oven and place in a bowl to cool. Peel skin off and place the flesh in a food processor. Add tahini, ½ lemon juice, garlic, (chilli) and salt and process till smooth.
Shave zucchinis with a peeler to create thin ribbons and dress with remaining lemon juice, olive oil and fresh mint.
Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer to about 170°C. Cut haloumi into 4 pieces. Beat egg for egg wash. Coat haloumi in egg wash, then cover in bread crumbs and carefully place into hot oil. Fry until golden, remove and drain.
Place a spoonful of baba ganoush in the centre of each plate, with haloumi on top and then zucchini salad. Drizzle with beetroot relish.