Quince and Almond Wholemeal Muffins
- 500g firm tofu
- 100g oyster mushrooms
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbs coconut sugar or dark sugar
- 1 tsp Kimchi Club’s fermented ginger
- 1 tsp Kimchi Club’s fermented garlic
- 1 tsp Kimchi Club’s fermented chilli
- Kimchi Club’s Naked Kimchi
Slice the tofu into 1 cm thick slabs and sprinkle with rice flour on all sides.
- Heat a large frying pan between medium to high heat and add olive oil.
Add the tofu to the pan in a single layer and cook on each side for about 1 minute or until browned.
- Once the tofu is cooked remove from the frying pan.
- Add oyster mushrooms into the frying pan and sauté for about five minutes to brown.
- Remove from the frying pan.
- Add soy sauce, water and coconut sugar to the pan and let it to boil and dissolve the sugar for one minute.
- Add the tofu and oyster mushroom back into the frying pan and gently cover with sauce, and thicken the sauce for another minute.
- Remove the tofu and mushrooms into a shared serving plate.
- Add fermented ginger, garlic and chilli into the frying pan and mix with the sauce.
- Pour the sauce on top of the tofu and serve.
- Ideal Serving suggestion: serve with Kimchi Club’s Naked Kimchi with warm rice
cooked with multi grains (white, brown and black rice) and seeds (quinoa
and chia seeds).