French Toasted Kytons Hot Cross Buns
- 800g (2 x 400g) of your choice of perfect South Australian chicken breast from your favourite South Australian producer, skin on
- 1/4 cup Maggie Beer’s Dried Mustard Pears
- 1/4 cup unsalted South Australian butter (B.-d Farm Paris Creek is an Eat Local SA favourite)
- 2 tbspn flat leaf parsley chopped
- To season sea salt
- 3 tbspn Extra Virgin Maggie Beer’s Olive Oil for frying
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 200C.
- Place the mustard pears, butter and parsley into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- To stuff the breast, gently place your finger between the skin and the flesh to create a pocket, divide the pear mixture in half, then using your fingers or a teaspoon, stuff the mixture under the skin. Repeat with the second breast, then season well with a good pinch of salt.
- Place a medium non-stick pan over a high heat, pour in the olive oil, then place the breast, skin side down, into the pan and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place into the preheated oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 8 minutes, then carve into large slices and serve with garden greens or bitter salad leaves.