Quince and Almond Wholemeal Muffins
To celebrate the launch of San Remo’s gnocchi range, they have created this recipe which will be sure to warm you up as the last winter breeze sets in.
- 500g San Remo Traditional Gnocchi
- 2 tbsp Diana Olive Oil or Francesco Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 Kangaroo Island Fresh Garlic cloves, minced
- 300g Carnevore’ lean beef mince
- 200g Barossa Fine Food Italian pork
sausage, skins removed & crumbled
- 125ml white wine
- 3 tbsp Lucia’s Fine Foods tomato paste
- 750ml Gaganis tomato passata
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 ball La Casa Del Formaggioor La Vera Fine Cheese fresh mozzarella
- Parsley, roughly chopped to garnish
Heat olive oil in a medium heavy based saucepan to medium heat.
Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and sauté for a further minute.
Add beef mince and sausage meat, increase heat to medium-high and sauté until moisture evaporatesnand meat is browned – ensuring all meat is broken up into small pieces with wooden spoon.
Add white wine and reduce to a third.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato passata, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to the boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for one hour, adding water if necessary.
- Preheat oven grill to low.
- Heat gnocchi according to packet instructions.
- Strain gnoochi, place in a medium oven proof frypan, add half the ragu and toss to combine.
- Tear mozzarella into pieces and place over the gnocchi.
- Grill until cheese is melted, bubbly and golden.
- Serve, garnished with chopped parsley.
- Note: To use the remaining half of the ragu simply toss through 500g of San Remo pasta of your choice. Leftover ragu will last 3 – 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you do not expect to eat the food within 3 – 4 days it is best frozen immediately and it will last for up to 3 months. When reheating ragu ensure it is steaming hot throughout.