- 300g sourdough starter
- 1 x 330ml Meechi Brewing Company Pale Ale
- 400g roasted pumpkin
- 250g – 350g Laucke self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Murphy’s Crossing free range egg
- A slurp of milk
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- Kanmantoo bacon (as much as you want!)
- A good handful each of basil/chives/parsley/dill (Paul’s come from Tailem Bend)
- 1 tablespoon Peacock Honey
- Olive oil
Mix the egg, sourdough starter and beer in a bowl. With a stab mixer, blend in the roasted pumpkin until smooth. Whisk in the flour and baking powder, watching as you go and stopping when the batter comes to a thick pancake consistency. Thin slightly with milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cook slowly in a heavy pan with plenty of butter.
Honeyed Salsa Verde
Blitz a handful each of basil, chives, parsley and dill with the honey and a little good quality olive oil, until smooth. Season to taste.
Serve with grilled Kanmantoo Bacon to finish the dish (or you can leave off if you want a vegetarian version).