Oyster Mushroom Bulgogi
The bounty of late summer is the inspiration for this delicious and easy dish shared with us by Adelaide Farmers’ Market at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
- 3 large zucchini, grated (moisture squeezed out)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs (we like Rohde’s, Earth Eggs, Days Eggs and Kangaroo Island Free Range to name just a few!)
- 125g thickened cream (try Tweedvale, Alexandrina or Fleurieu Milk Company for cream that tastes like cream should)
- 160g tasty cheese (Edwards Crossing Vintage Cheddar or Paris Creek Farms’ Homestyle Cheddar would work well, or try La Casa Del Formaggio’s Pecorino for extra bite!)
- 70g grated Parmesan (La Casa Del Formaggio would be perfect)
- 160g self raising flour
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped (think Barossa Fine Foods traditional or gourmet bacon, and Skara Smallgoods Smokehouse Roasted Bacon for extra pizzazz)
- Large pinch salt
- Large pinch ground black pepper
- Additional 60g tasty cheese (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm baking dish.
- Add cream to eggs and beat lightly. Add onion, bacon, the two cheeses and grated zucchini to the egg mixture and mix through.
- Season the mixture with salt and ground black pepper. Add flour and mix through thoroughly.
- Pour into lined baking dish and top with additional grated tasty cheese. Cover the top with a sheet of baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove the baking paper and bake a further 10-15 minutes or until set. Allow to sit and cool slightly before cutting.