Rosé Marinated Grapes and Blue Cheese Cos Salad
The bounty of late summer is the inspiration for this delicious and easy dish shared with us by Adelaide Farmers’ Market at the Adelaide Showgrounds.
- 3 large zucchini, grated (moisture squeezed out)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 eggs (we like Rohde’s, Earth Eggs, Days Eggs and Kangaroo Island Free Range to name just a few!)
- 125g thickened cream (try Tweedvale, Alexandrina or Fleurieu Milk Company for cream that tastes like cream should)
- 160g tasty cheese (Edwards Crossing Vintage Cheddar or Paris Creek Farms’ Homestyle Cheddar would work well, or try La Casa Del Formaggio’s Pecorino for extra bite!)
- 70g grated Parmesan (La Casa Del Formaggio would be perfect)
- 160g self raising flour
- 4 rashers of bacon, chopped (think Barossa Fine Foods traditional or gourmet bacon, and Skara Smallgoods Smokehouse Roasted Bacon for extra pizzazz)
- Large pinch salt
- Large pinch ground black pepper
- Additional 60g tasty cheese (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm baking dish.
- Add cream to eggs and beat lightly. Add onion, bacon, the two cheeses and grated zucchini to the egg mixture and mix through.
- Season the mixture with salt and ground black pepper. Add flour and mix through thoroughly.
- Pour into lined baking dish and top with additional grated tasty cheese. Cover the top with a sheet of baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove the baking paper and bake a further 10-15 minutes or until set. Allow to sit and cool slightly before cutting.